Re: [Xen-users] interactions between xen and openvpn

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 1:09 AM, Luca Sironi <luca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think it's a xen thing.
> Probably related to the interactions of xenbr0.
>
> You can have an openvpn server on
>
> 192.168.100.5 that use the 192.168.3.0 network for tun <---> tun connection.
>
> Logging on openvpn you will have an address on 192.168.3.x
> You can then log on 192.168.100.5

That's because 192.168.100.5 is the openvpn server, isn't it?

> for reaching a phisical 192.168.100.7 it's enough to put a
>
> route add -net 192.168.3.0 192.168.100.5

what OS is this? on Linux it should be something like
route add -net 192.168.3.0/24 gw 192.168.100.5

> so the external system will know where to route the answers.
> So the behaviour in this case seems different so i can't aggregate two
> pc on one at my adsl home line.

Are you sure that's enough on real server (non-Xen) setup?

I have an openvpn server which is a Xen PV domU (pretty old, it still
runs RHEL4). With tun setup, the easiest way is to do NAT (masquarade)
on openvpn server so all traffic from openvpn client will be seen by
others as coming from openvpn server. Routing might also work, but I
find it cumbersome to manually add routes all hosts I'm trying to
access. NAT is much easier.

The point is from my experience being a Xen domU makes no difference
whatsoever compared to real server w.r.t openvpn.

> We'll see if someone have some good suggestion, i think the question
> is enough generic to be interesting.

Good luck, hope you'll find some answers.

--
Fajar