Re: [Xen-users] Vdi-image

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:46 AM, mattias <mj@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I just tryed with a vdi converted and placed on dev/hdb
> But pygrub say
> Error: (2, 'Invalid kernel', 'xc_dom_parse_elf_kernel: ELF image has no
> shstrtab
> \n')

That's because :
- you're using non-xen kernel on PV guest, or
- the xen version you're using doesn't support pv_ops.

Converting vdi to raw is only half the effort. With that you should be
able to use it as HVM guest. If you want to use it as PV guest, more
effort might be required (convert HVM to PV). See
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-05/msg00536.html

--
Fajar