RE: [Xen-users] Installing and running XEN

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Installing and running XEN
From: Nathan Eisenberg <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:49:50 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:50:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Tincho,

Firstly, try CTL+[ after xm console locks you in.  That's the oldschool
'terminal disconnect' command, and it should take you from the DomU terminal
back to your Dom0 shell.

'b' basically means 'idle'.  If it changes to 'r', things are actively being
executed.

Now, the problem that you're experiencing is that the DomU is not booting to a
console OR is failing to boot due to lack of udev and TTYs.  If you have
openssh-server setup to autoinstall with xen-create-image, you should be able
to SSH around this.  If that doesn't work, recreate the domU, but add this to
your xen-create-image command...

--role udev

Then add this to the domU config file, destroy the domU, and recreate it.

extra = 'xencons=tty'

Let me know if this helps!

Best Regards
Nathan Eisenberg