[Xen-users] Problem to make the nvidia-driver (version 96) work with xen

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem to make the nvidia-driver (version 96) work with xen (3.3) on a X86 arch
From: bub nimli <bub_nimli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:58:27 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 May 2009 07:12:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I've got an AMD Athlon 1800+ (so no hardware virtualization) with a GeForce 2 MX on wich I've installed xen (3.3) based on a gentoo distro. The kernel is a 2.6.27.
The Dom0 and DomU (both on gentoo with the same kernel version) works fine on command line but I wan't to install the nvidia-drivers to use my TV-out.

Searching the web I found patches made by nvidia for the version 100 of the driver, I try to adapt them to patch the version 96 I have to use with my old graphic card. The driver compile fine and the module load without any errors but when I start X, the screen goes black and the PC does not respond any more to keyboard interupt but is still accessible via SSH.

So my first question is is it possible to have the nvidia driver version 96 work with Xen on a X86 arch?
If yes how can I do that?
If no, is there a chance that the newest version of the nvidia driver work (ie buying a new nvidia graphic card) or maybe the ATI drivers work better with Xen ...

Optionaly, my wish is to have the desktop on the DomU and not on the Dom0 passing the graphic card to the DomU whith pciback (that works perfectly on console mode, when booting the xen kernel the kernel log stops writing to the screen and when the DomU has booted it's its login that appears on the screen).
Am I dreaming or is there a chance that it works in graphic mode?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Votre correspondant a choisi Hotmail et profite d'un stockage quasiment illimité. Créez un compte Hotmail gratuitement !