Re: [Xen-users] VNC keymap problems

To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] VNC keymap problems
From: John Haxby <john.haxby@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:46:29 +0100
Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:47:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Martti Kuparinen wrote:
Hello list,

I'm testing HVM and my test guest (in this case Ubuntu 9.04) has

vnc = 1
keymap = 'fi'

in the configuration file. After starting the guest I noticed that few keys are incorrect:
[snip]
It's a known problem. I submitted a substantial patch a while ago and it's waiting for me to resubmit an updated one when I get the chance.

It's not just the Finnish keyboard though -- everything apart from the basic US keyboard has problems somewhere, it's just that they're more intrusive on some layouts.

jch