[Xen-users] pushing updates across lv-based domU clones

To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] pushing updates across lv-based domU clones
From: "Pallab Chakrabarty" <pchakrabarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 02:03:02 -0500 (CDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:04:43 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I created a centos domU based on LVM as per below cfg file.

The main LVM is :/dev/xen_vg/cent_os and the clone created: /dev/xen_vg/clone1

Now I want to capture the user changes on the basic volume (xen_vg/cent_os) using the clone.

And also incase the baseVM(xen_vg/cent_os) is updated (suppose a new software loaded & require distribution seamlessly to all such cloned domUs), the same should be reflected on the cloned domUs..

Kindly guide how to achieve this kind of pushing updates across cloned domUs and capturing real delta changes…

disk = ['phy:/dev/xen_vg/cent_os,sda3,w', 'phy:/dev/xen_vg/guest_partition_lvm_swp,sda2,w' ]

#disk = ['phy:/dev/xen_vg/clone1,sda1,w', 'phy:/dev/xen_vg/guest_partition_lvm_swp,sda2,w' ]

I could see clone1 is a full copy of the cent_os, after a custom changes are made on clone1 based domU.. how it can be configured to capture explicitly the delta part..

Thanks in advance,

- regards
   Pallab