[Xen-devel] USB floppy issue in Xen 3.4

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] USB floppy issue in Xen 3.4
From: "Patro, Sumant" <Sumant.Patro@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:50:19 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:50:54 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        I want to access USB floppy from HVM guest (Windows, Linux) using Xen
3.4. I checked with the version 3.4.0-rc4-pre. I have tried with USB floppy
drives from three different vendors. The device is not accessible in both
Windows and Linux.

        I have usb and usbdevice entry in the HVM config file. The device is
listed in Windows Device Manager with a yellow bang. In RHEL 5.3 guest lsusb
displays it, but is not associated with a device name. The same device works
fine in Xen 3.3.

      Is there any workaround/fix for this in Xen 3.4?

Regards,

Sumant