Re: [Xen-users] Trying to install windows as guest

To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Trying to install windows as guest
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:47:42 +0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:48:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 5:26 AM, Chris Ditri <cjdcom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Doesn't work, I have tried that:  "I have also tried setting the hard drive
> to hda"
>
> When I do I this, It just won't recognize the disk at all.  At boot, it
> says:
> "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration
> problem.  Could not read from the selected boot disk.  Check boot path and
> disk hardware.  Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk
> configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional
> information."

What are you trying to do exactly? The "Windows could not start"
message should indicate that you have already installed Windows. Are
you :
- trying to install WIndows domU but unable to boot from CD
- succefully install Windows but having problems booting the new installation
- trying to clone an existing windows installation?

Regards,

Fajar