[Xen-users] Xen hotplug error

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen hotplug error
From: "Iain J. Watson" <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:47:08 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 May 2009 06:47:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I hope someone can help me with a suddenly reoccuring problem. The
problems is all of a sudden I get the following error from xend while
creating servers:

  "xend.err 'Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts
not working.')"

The full xend error log is @ http://pastebin.com/m5c12e60e

There isn't any problem with the servers that are already running on
the Node, I can easily shut them down as well. Only problem is I can
not create any new servers - any server creation will result the above
error.

After seeing this error if I do a "ps aux | grep xenwatch". I get the following

root        69  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        D<   May05   0:00 [xenwatch]

Which seems to me that xenwatch process is in a blocked state (D flag
is uninterruptable sleep).

Rebooting the node will fixed the problem but this is not preferred as
it affects the other running VMs, I tried restarting xend and it had
no effect on the problem.

I would really appreciate if you can give me some insight to the
problem and any fixes for it.

Thanks in advance,
Iain Watson

--
"Just think how stupid the average person is,
and then realize that half of them are even stupider!"