[SPAM] Re: [Xen-users] Help me to set up network (routes)

2009/5/8 AlannY <m@xxxxxxxxx>
Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
Can you elaborate why you don't want to use bridging?
IMHO it's easier to setup, and you can still use dom0 as router. For
example, libvirt on RHEL create a NAT network for domU,
192.168.122.0/24, with 192.168.122.1 located on dom0's virbr.

So, my ISP giving my address 10.9.3.92/24. When I'm using bridging, for every DomU I must assign address from my ISP's network (10.9.3.0/24), for example 10.9.3.93. In that configuration everything works, I can ping IPS's LAN and Dom0 (10.9.3.92).

But, my IPS give me just ONE IP - 10.9.3.92. I can't use any other address. I'm afraid that my configuration will invoke an "IP address conflict". And, in either case, if I would like to connect to 10.9.3.93 from my Dom0? Where it will connect? to DomU or to real user of my ISP?

So, after 2 days of bridging magic, I decide to drop that idea and now looking for another solution.

I think what Fajar is trying to say is that, out-of-the-box CentOS/RHEL support the type of networking you want to achieve using bridging + NAT.

The Dom0 is assigned your IP from your ISP and internally creates a brigde and DHCP server for your DomUs. So you enable DHCP in your DomUs and they will be automatically assigned an ip in the 192.168.122.* range and have internet connectivity through the Dom0.

Regards,
Ravikesh