Re: [Xen-users] Problem in xen-hypervisor-3.2-1-amd64 installation on De

To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem in xen-hypervisor-3.2-1-amd64 installation on Debian Lenny 2.6.26-1-amd64
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 18:50:00 +0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 May 2009 04:50:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Luana Celeida Rocha
<luanac_rocha@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Fajar,
>
> I check the file /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp and it's alredy configured like you
> mentioned: (dom0-cpus 0)

That makes it even weirder then. The lines you posted

> Starting XEN control daemon: xend [ 145.403666] suspend: event channel 21
> [ 145.515778] SMP alternatives: switching to UP code "
> And then reboots.

Indicates that :
- the kernel selects uni processor mode (which should not happen when
you have two cores on the default config)
- it seems to happen when xend is started (which suggest its
configuration file selects that mode)
- it immediately reboots, which suggest a bug in your system probably
doesn't handle a missing cpu nicely.

At this point perhaps you can try :
- disabling xend startup (using whatever method you like. Usually I
use sysv-rc-conf to enable/disable services). See if it's able to boot
- do "cat /proc/cpuinfo" after that
- start xend manually

If my guess is right, starting xend will cause your system to reboot.
If that's the case then you can try:
- finding out which part of your system sets dom0 cpu to 1 and disable it, or
- compile xen from source

Regards,

Fajar