Re: [Xen-users] Problems with network/bridge

To: Juergen Dattl <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problems with network/bridge
From: Bhasker C V <bhasker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:58:21 +0100 (BST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:57:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xm dmesg may show some information ?
or dmesg on the dom0 ?

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Juergen Dattl wrote:

Hi,

first of all, sorry for my bad english :-) I'm using debian stable
as dom0 (xen-3.2.1) with the debian xen kernel (linux-image-2.6.
26-2-xen-amd64_2.6.26-16~snapshot.13506_amd64.deb) on amd64. The
official debian xen kernel has an nfs bug, so i'm using a
development version.

I've running some domUs (all PV) which are booting over nfs. All is
working fine except if i want to copy large files in the domU to
another or the same nfs share or i read big mailboxes (500MB) with
my mutt, the network over the xenbridge seems to die and the domu
can't access the network anymore .. from the normal network the host
system nfs server is still available (some other clients are also
booting per nfs too, these are real machines) .. if i make in the
DomU a dd if=/dev/zero |buffer -z32k| ssh any-real-machin 'of=XXXX'
everything works fine, there are no problems ..

I also have an oops -> http://paste.debian.net/34789/

Any ideas - i don't want to switch to kvm or anything else. Thanks,
--
/j<r>d