Re: [Xen-users] oepnvpn

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] oepnvpn
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 00:28:47 +0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 10:29:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:19 AM, mattias <mj@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Way can't i use openvpn with a xen guest
> I can't load the tun module

>From openvpn perspective, the requirements for openvpn on xen domU is
the same as openvpn on native Linux. If you can't load tun module,
then you need to get a kernel that supports it.

The easiest way is to use a distro that supports it. For example, I'm
using RHEL/Centos 5.3 domU, loaded with pygrub, and they can run
openvpn just fine.

Another alternative is compile your own kernel with tun/tap support,
but that's a rather advanced topic.

Regards,

Fajar