Re: [Xen-users] Xen system hang or freeze

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:31:04PM -0400, Peter Booth wrote:
> Some thoughts:
> 0. Do you have the default behavior where the guests independent
> wallclocks are disabled?
Yes I did not change anything relating to that.

> 1. I have observed visible performance differences from a VM when %steal
> goes above 1%.
> It sounds like you have 8 cores.
> How many VMs do you have?
> What are their weights and caps?

I do have 8 cores .... 2 quad core AMD
I have 3 domUs each with a single vcpu no pinning, weight or caps just
the single vcpu per domU.

> 2. The system default of collecting sar every ten minutes is pretty
> unhelpful for problem diagnosis. I routinely adjust this to interval to
> five seconds, which for the expense of a lot of disk space, gives a
> historical dataset that is useful for forensics.

I might try taking it down to the 1 minute mark first.
Should I do this in a guest as well as the host?

--
Nick Anderson <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.cmdln.org