Re: [Xen-users] Re: cLVM on Debian/Lenny

> But this does not make sense to me. Where are the pros of using LVM for
> my VMs if they eventually reside as file on a (cluster) file system?  I
> loose all the features I want from LVM (snapshot and resizing).

You can use LVM inside LVM (although I think it's said that you
shouldn't) to provide these features inside the domU.  I wouldn't do
snapshotting and such from dom0 anyway.

LVM isn't designed to support virtualization, it's just handy that it
works well in a cluster.  Use virt management tools (or at least good
documentation) to keep LVs from getting mounted in the wrong places at
the wrong times.  Shoot, up until this point, all I've been doing is
passing raw SAN LUNs around -- I'm only starting to look at using LVM to
make space usage more efficient. =)

John

--
John Madden