Re: [Xen-users] expanding img file

To: "Paul Eskello" <paul.eskello@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] expanding img file
From: "Tom Jensen" <tom.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:23:35 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:07:14 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=digitaltoolbox-inc.com; h= message-id:from:to:cc:references:in-reply-to:subject:date :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; s=mail; bh=2BL6A4UoujBFwv8I6FtHLXVGxKY=; b=x40YfIdc2FwLtA73Y3fO7hKc/68B /mrULRUcivjIFh/POdW3tFw4QdwLWWiKXT9qu17yyk6X8WLTZ5az15cgYVdEVHKK 56UUwS3RHsBrxTxIIujpqgPi7rIfckaxUltDYQNMFEtVWjj6nxcxlapmrNzlMdSZ y8rqfrNv9MIZ8Vk=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Prior to changing my system over to using filesystems on LVM, I had expanded a DomU disk image file by using the dd option you explained. Expanding the disk image file was done on the Dom0 machine with the DomU shutdown. I then started the DomU and expanded the filesystem on the DomU. It appeared to work okay, but I now find LVM is easier to deal with and has better performance.

Tom Jensen | President
Digital Toolbox