Re: [Xen-users] Re: Raw device mapping/pass through disks to XEN VM's

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Ganesh Kamath <ganbidada@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Fajar!.
>
> For VMware, we can use the snapmanager products on RDM's in VM's so i was
> wondering if Xen has support for RDM's or pass-through disks so that we can
> see if the snapmanager products can be used in windows VM's as well.
>
> Does it make sense?

Sure.
>From what I can tell, NetApp's snapmanager has the same functionality
as zfs volume snapshot. So it should work with simple phy:/ disk
mapping.

Last time I met a NetApp rep, they told me they had specialized
solution for VMWare, Hyper-V, and Citrix Xen. I suggest you ask them
about it.

Regards,

Fajar