Re: [Xen-users] Xen qos

To: Felix Chu <felixchu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen qos
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:11:14 +0700
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 21:11:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Felix Chu
<felixchu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I am using Xen3.3.1 on Centos5.2. I plan to run 20 domu in single
> physical host(2 x quad-core xeon). But before production, I worry about qos:
>

> 1.      For CPU, if one of the domu runs cpu intensive app (e.g. wrong app
> with forever loop), how to prevent it affecting other domu?

See http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/CreditScheduler and run "xm
create --help_config" to see config syntax.

> 2.      For network, I would like to control the amount of data transfer per
> domu(e.g. 10GB in/out per day), any way to do it on dom0 and without
> configuration on domu?

No easy setup that I know of.
Your best bet is probably tc or tcng to limit bandwidth usage (not the
amount of data transfer), and snmp to monitor usage.

Regards,

Fajar