[Xen-users] Boot a domU from floppy (not working)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Boot a domU from floppy (not working)
From: John Musbach <johnmusbach1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 21:05:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 18:06:44 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=1elbxNHHASvfXrJTRvq06oEVugkevVZh1/zulL+oDY0=; b=SvXGCOGTHzdZxEacwMhNRDs/xAwaK5r2sPDRgjYGMgs2EUGB+9Evu2oukkrh6QbsnB HejFiddMhQSx1DvAOpVpKbiB14CsU/Tt7RPBK558IC92EBBKPruGLiW8JQIYdWVoPQrk Nd/hIwi95tLOIDMzC81joh7ZjC7pdwIkiwFic=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I'm running Xen 3.2 with the ultimate end goal of having a full
screen install of Rhapsody DR2 running under it since the actual
native hardware my computer has is not supported by Rhapsody. As part
of this I need to get my xen config to properly setup the floppy drive
in the domU and then, at least for now so that the install process can
begin, boot from the floppy drive. I realize that I could probably
accomplish this better by imaging the install floppies but I'd prefer
to have access to the floppy drive for other uses even after install
as well and would rather not have to image every floppy I want to use.
I also am trying to get a cdrom drive setup in the domU as well as a
hard drive which uses a 2GB raw image. Unfortunately currently all
that happens when I start my domU using my config is that xen ends up
"Waiting for devices to initialize" and then kernel panicing because
it can't find anything to mount, even when a floppy is in the floppy
drive. I suspect that one or more config parameters are incorrect, in
particular I'd appreciate knowing what the valid values are for the
boot parameter as Google has not been able to yield me any solid
results. My config follows below, please let me know what I've done
wrong and what needs to be what in order for me to be able to
accomplish my aforementioned goal. Thanks!

---CONFIG---
kernel='/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-xenU'
memory=128
name='rhapsody'
disk=['tap:aio:/root/rhapsody,hdc1,w']
cdrom='/dev/cdrom'
floppy='/dev/fd0'
dhcp="dhcp"
vif=['mac=00:16:3e:00:00:10, bridge=eth1']
boot='a'

--
Best Regards,

John Musbach