[Xen-users] how to boot domU XEN guest in safe mode?

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] how to boot domU XEN guest in safe mode?
From: Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 16:23:23 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 07:24:07 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=NUJvW2vYja9e2FMU+jG9Ta+Fhk/YiBmVNDbmUtpJfjo=; b=s6Av5HIBxBoGVfQADHAf5ahNKAQHAjfQsujalU+iVJSfaJEfBxZymO9MrMeboEnlD2 BEkfUsp5++v6px73zfPQlOe3oi99+2oPQ4+9IN6bog7bgaANtPPKK5r9orGsXxGKxWfE +V8H+0LkL2W8EF4Adv/imcwglL82rVvAbQAmU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

How can I boot a XEN domU guest into safe mode? One of our servers was
forcefully shutdown, and it seems like one of my VM's could be
corrupt, or something.

When I boot it up, I get the following on the console:

Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
/sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1:

So, is it possible to boot the VM into safe mode, and fix this problem somehow?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers