Re: [Xen-users] Server with 2 Nics (continuation)

To: "Ferreira, N. L. (Nuno)" <n.l.ferreira@xxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Server with 2 Nics (continuation)
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:51:35 +0700
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:52:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM, Ferreira, N. L. (Nuno)
<n.l.ferreira@xxxxx> wrote:
> ---->
> Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
>   SET failed on device eth1 ; No such device.

Are you using wireless?
If yes, I don't think wireless interface support bridging properly. Go
with wired.

Here's an alternative config that might work for you. In my case I
have a machine with two NICS, lots of domUs, each connected to a
different network. I use bridge and vlan to achieve that. One NIC
(eth1) is dedicated for dom0 "management", which leaves one (eth0) for
domUs traffic.

On xend-config.sxp, I have this:

#(network-script network-bridge)
(vif-script vif-bridge)

That is, I comment-out network-script entirely and do bridge setup
from the OS (RHEL5)
Some config files on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/:

# cat ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes

# cat ifcfg-eth0.6
DEVICE=eth0.6
VLAN=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
BRIDGE=br6

 # cat ifcfg-br6
DEVICE=br6
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Bridge

# cat ifcfg-eth0.61
DEVICE=eth0.61
VLAN=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
BRIDGE=br61

# cat ifcfg-br61
DEVICE=br61
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Bridge

There are more bridges actually, but those two are enough for example.
Those config means I create two bridges, br6 and br61, whose uplink
interface is eth0.6 and eth0.61. So when a domU requires network on
vlan6 I assign it to br6, and when domU requires network on vlan61 I
assign it to br61.

Regards,

Fajar