RE: [Xen-users] Migration involving multiple Bridged VIFs

To: David Isaac Wolinsky <davidiw@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Migration involving multiple Bridged VIFs
From: "Fischer, Anna" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:30:36 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:33:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Xen-users] Migration involving multiple Bridged VIFs
>
> I have an environment where I have multiple bridges connected to a
> migrating VM.  It appears that an unsolicited / gratuitous ARP is only
> sent out on the first bridge and not the second one.  Any thoughts?

As far as I remember the ARP is sent out from the frontend driver in DomU, and
not the bridge.

It might be helpful if you post what Xen version you run, what type of DomU
(PV/HVM), your DomU config and what sort of network scripts you are using in
Dom0 to set up DomU networking (standard network-bridge?).