[Xen-users] RE: xen + lvm dropping to a shell

To: "'Fahad Ahmad'" <ahmad.fahad@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: xen + lvm dropping to a shell
From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:35:17 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 16:39:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, Fahad,

            We did not solve this problem with Ubuntu server. Finally we used Debian Etch instead of Ubuntu and used also a compilation from the source code, what includes also the creation of the current kernel with all backported patches – and the problems did not occur again (we used the version 3.2.1 of Xen).

            Maybe one more remark – in the old e-mail I posted two years before there was also the Dom0 installed on the logical volume. Please, do not use this type of configuration – if Your server crashes, then it is very possible the LVM gets incosistent and You will not be able boot a base system – and You have to manually repair the LVM tables etc... So, we also do not use this type of configuration and have a special allocated partition for the base system which is independent on LVM, so I strongly recommend to You to make it in teh same or similar way.

            With regards, Artur