[Xen-users] Domain sometimes does not migrate completely (an entry with

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Domain sometimes does not migrate completely (an entry with the string "migrating-" remains on the source host)
From: Igor Chubin <igor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:20:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:16:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, all.

I have a trouble with live migration of domains.

I have a Xen-DRBD cluster with DRBD-devices working over LVM
volumes.

There are strange situations sometimes.
I start live migration of a domain.
The domain moves from one host to the other
ant continues working there,
but the line "migrating-" remains on the source host

For example:

migrating-dns                               13   128     2 ---s--      0.0

At the same time on the other host:

dns                                         13   128     2 -b----      0.5

And the domain continues working!

I must note that this happens not every migration,
but occasionally. In ~20% of cases.

The logs are ok. There are no strange entries at all.

The host systems are completely identical and rsynced.

I use Xen 3.3.1 built from source and PV-kernel version 2.6.18
(installed both in the domain 0 and in the domain U).

The same problem exists when using Xen 3.2.1,
installed from Debian repositories.

But I must note, that that system was installed several
years ago, and all was fine until Xen was upgraded to the version 3.2.
(So, there was no such a problem with Xen 3.1 !)

Did anybody meet something like this?

Any ideas how I should get rid of the entry "migrating-dns"
in the xm list output (and how I should clean corresponding data
structures)?

Thank you very much for any ideas, suggestions or any help!

--
Igor Chubin