Re: [Xen-users] FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.6.18.8-xen0/modules

To: Velten Spägele <xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.6.18.8-xen0/modules.dep
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:27:22 +0700
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:27:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Velten Spägele <xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i tried a complete new installation with Debian 5.0.0 Lenny. Standard
> Installation works fine, Xen Install from Sources also. But after reboot the
> startup stops with the kernel panic, that it doesn't find the modules
> folder....
>
> I compiled my own kernel, and tried with the AMD and Nvidia IDE Driver and
> SCSI Driver is activated too, but the is still a kernel panic....

Does the problem occur on dom0 or domU?
If it's domU, where is your kernel located, inside dom0 or domU
(booted with pygrub)?

The easiest way to manage module directories for domU is install
kernel and modules inside domU and boot it with pygrub.

Regards,

Fajar