Re: [Xen-users] Re: Related to accessing guest OS based web server

To: Abhay Bhadani <abhadani@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Related to accessing guest OS based web server
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 00:41:48 +0700
Cc: Maresa Nirwan <parampat@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:42:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Abhay Bhadani <abhadani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   How should i set the route to the existing IP address i,e 192.168.122.71
> or any other suggestion that might work.

If you're familiar with vmware, then what you're (most likely) using
right now is similar to vmware's NAT networking. To access a domU
(guest) from other hosts you need to use bridged networking.

On xen, this is done by selecting the bridge xenbr0 (or whatever
bridge your ethernet device is on) instead of virbr0. After that, you
need to setup domU's networking the same way you setup any other host
on dom0's network (whether it's static IP or dhcp).

Regards,

Fajar