Re: AW: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops workin

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AW: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops workingafter a few minutes/hours
From: Martin Fernau <m.fernau@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:43:48 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:44:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ..what about accessibility via vnc/framebuffer?
> ...what about CPU-usage of domU?
>
> Last time i had this was while migrating drbd-layerd images from one xen to
> the other in bridged mode. It disturbt the drbd connection and drbd shut
> down. Then filesystem was gone for the domUs and in advance the domU failed
> some seconds later.
>
> In that case you could reach it some more time via vnc until the system
> hangs because of missing blockdevices.
>
> I solved that via routed networking, the automatic bridge-script destroyed
> my net-setup after migration.

Thanks for your reply. I discoverd my problem as I posted to this mailinglist
earlier.

--- cut
I discovered to problem!

I don't know why - but the trouble started from the time after I set the ip-
adress for the dom0 to one ip from the same network as the guests. Until
yesterday I had a private IP 172.16.0.1 for my dom0 where all other Computers
in the LAN had public IPs. But to have better access to the dom0 I decided to
change this to one IP from the same public network - and this was the
problem.
After I switched back to the private IP all is working fine again. network is
stable since hours now

I don't know what the problem is in this case. Maybe something with arp?
--- cut

Regards,
Martin