Re: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops workingaft

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops workingafter a few minutes/hours
From: Martin Fernau <m.fernau@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:25:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 04:25:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Try turning off all the checksum and large send offload on all the
> interfaces in dom0 and all the domU's. I have had this happen before on
> one server
>
> ethtool -K <iface> rx off
> ethtool -K <iface> tx off
> ethtool -K <iface> tso off
> ethtool -K <iface> gso off
>
> <iface> is eth0, eth1, etc in the DomU's, and the vifX.Y interfaces in
> the Dom0
>
> See if that gets things going again.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I can't set "rx off" parameter as I get
the following error:

--- cut
$> ethtool -K vif3.0 rx off
Cannot set device rx csum settings: Operation not supported
--- cut

the three other commands executed in success. I crossing my fingers that this
will help in any way as this is VERY unstable at the moment.

What does this mean to me if the network is more stable now? Turning off
checksums don't sound like a good idea to me.

Thanks,
Martin