Re: [Xen-users] xen ov guest nfs

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 08:06:24PM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Denis J. Cirulis <denis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've tried opensuse domU on opensuse dom0 connected 20GB zfs volume off
> > FreeNAS beta using iscsi. Yes, it works normally, no cpu overload.
>
> So I assume what you wrote about "software iscsi target and initiator gives
> me high cpu load on both domU and target" was from a different setup,
> and that FreeNAS with zfs gives acceptable performance, right?

Yes, former setup was ubuntu linux with iscsi-target + opensuse with
open-iscsi initiator. Now with FreeNAS on 1 GiB interface with jumbo
frames enabled (as well as initiator) looks like cpu load is ok both on
opensuse initiator and
freenas storage server.
Acceptable performace is 107 MB/s (which is very very good) when
connecting one initiator, with few initiators each is getting about
45-65 MB/s what is also very very good for low I/O domUs.

Fajar, You're using zfs on opensolaris, can You backup domUs when
they're running ? I mean You are creating snapshot on the volume You
want to backup and can do a dd to another storage server or backup
solution ?