[Xen-users] Re: 1/2 OFF-TOPIC: How to use CLVM (on top AoE vblades) inst

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: 1/2 OFF-TOPIC: How to use CLVM (on top AoE vblades) instead just plain LVM for Xen based VMs on Debian 5.0?
From: Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 04:08:05 -0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 23:08:49 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=gE2azcUSEn1exIQRjxM/7uFZCnUSbmXPeO54QKzGe88=; b=UV8cLsNflma17o0HMYfwnS/RApxmVb6wNGv8wUqD6g6F8MXesrvMC6DbidIu8vAmPD qE+6bIh1zMIv7sae8nTSLxHPSy4TpheKPRDUfNZatXCd2urtoohpl083YVQ0ssMeG3Ks 9NfMj7Mgy9ss+0Yrw6FGUSahkue+qj9Zr4GgA=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'll need the GNBD in somewhere?

Sorry for the off-topic, but I doing some research to find out a better low cost storage to Xen clusters. I'm learning about moving my dom0s to OpenSolaris, to install ZFS and see its pool storage capabilities... ZFS can be what I need to the storage, but OpenSolaris is good to be a dom0? Like Linux 2.6.18 is?

I have 20 dom0, each with 2 500GB discs, totalizing 20T of storage space in my network. So, I want to make a "big-redundant-array" with this 40 discs. So, if one, maybe two or even five dom0s are out, all my data and my VMs will be available. Only the cluster administrator will receive a note about the dom0 failures.

For now, if I see the CLVM on top of AoE in my Debian 5.0, some things will be clarified in my mind...   =)

-
Thiago