[Xen-users] Motherboard capable of VT-d

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Motherboard capable of VT-d
From: Andreas Dahlen <andreas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:55:54 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:56:27 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I've got a motherboard (Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R) where the Ethernet port has
been broken.

I'll buy a new motherboard, but wants to keep all my other equipment (CPU,
Memory, TV-cards etc).

The requirements/wishes on the new motherboard are 2 Ethernet ports and 2
PCI slots. It would also be good if it would support VT-d.

I've found two boards that would fulfill my requirements; Gigabyte
GA-X48-DS5, Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4

According to the VTdHowTo (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VTdHowTo) X48
chipset supports VT-d. But not all manufactures have enabled it.
Does anyone know if VT-d is enabled for the motherboards above (or any other
motherboard that would support my requirements)?

/Andreas