[Xen-users] domU vif networking problem or bug

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] domU vif networking problem or bug
From: Martin Fuxa <fuxa_kos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:32:25 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 01:33:10 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi guys,
there must be something wrong, maybe with xen vif.

I have two test servers
1/ Supermicro 6015C-NT (this story isn't Supermicro problem!)
2/ HP ML 110 G5

System CentOS 5 (x86_64 for dom0, i86 for domU)

I can perform dom0 installation on both servers, without problem.

But I can't install domU at Supermicro (I can at HP).
Error:
Unable to retrieve http://192.168.6.100/centos/images/stage2.img
Using
virt-install -d --nographics -p -r 2048 --vcpus 1 -f /dev/lvg1/lv1 -l
http://192.168.6.100/centos/ -n test

Ok, I looking for other way. Migration domU from HP to Supermicro. Done
without problem.
But after domU boot up from Supermicro, I can ping domU, but I can't login via
ssh to domU.
Ok, I can login to domU at Supermicro from dom0 console. But there is still
problem with network. I can ping, dig elsewhere, but I can't do wget, elinks,
run network services ...

I can't see any errors log/message.

Supermicro have eth0 + eth1 module igb, Intel 82575EB.
[root@vali2 xen]# brctl show
virbr0          8000.000000000000       yes
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif1.0
                                                        peth0
                                                        vif0.0
Maybe, why two vif?
[root@vali2 xen]# xm li
Name                                      ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                   0     1969     4 r-----     14.4
test                                       1     2047     1 -b----     12.1

xm dmesg is here
http://fx2.unihost.cz/dom0.log