Re: [Xen-users] guest only networking

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 11:19 +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Gary Koskenmaki <garyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> What distro do you use?
> > I'm running Debian, Lenny, to be specific.  I'm using only the tools
> > that come as Debian packages, and I'm creating the DomU's with
> > xen-tools.

First, thanks for your replies.  I appreciate your help.  I'd already
been doing all of this to start with.  I just couldn't get the
corresponding network interfaces in the DomU's to be created.

I finally figured part of this out just seeing that you were telling me
to do the same things I'd already been doing.  That made me look
elsewhere because I thought I'd been doing something wrong in this area.
It turns out I just needed to use "xm network-attach domain.name
ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx bridge=bridge_name" to create the extra interface in
the DomU's, and then do an ifup on that interface.

So far, so good.  However, bringing up this second interface (eth1) in
the DomU creates a problem for the existing eth0.  There is now no
network connectivity to or from eth0.  ifconfig shows both interfaces as
being configured and if I do an ifup on eth0 it is reported as already
configured.  I can ping eth0's ip address from within the DomU but
that's it.

As soon as I manually detach the eth1 network from the DomU using "xm
network-detach domain.name device_id" the default network interface,
eth0, begins to function again as it should.