Re: [Xen-users] imaging an existing system?

Well, the HVM to PVM process is a PITA for me in some cases, in others its fine.

For a Centos/RHEL HVM to PVM conversion, its easy, just install the xen kernel on your guest, mod the network config, then shut it down, mod the network config of the domU config file including how it boots; re pygrub/pvgrub and then start it.

Before dong this, make a backup copy of your guest VM image and config files.

For Ubuntu, it kinda suxed but thanks to Thomas, I was able to get it going.

- Brian