Re: [Xen-users] Low download rate from DomU

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thomas Halinka wrote:
>> The Problem is that the Ubuntu-XEN-Kernel really suck - no throughput,
>> not stable under heavy_load --> Kernel oopses and so on...
>
> Isn't that the definition of Ubuntu?
>
> When I saw that Intrepid was released with an impressive list of bugs
> still in the Debian BTS, simply imported in Ubuntu from SID without any
> care, I realized how bad this distro is.

Perhaps it's because ubuntu focuses on scheduled, quick releases, much
like Fedora or Opensolaris.

> I knew already it was bad, but
> I didn't know how much. NO WAY I'm going to use Ubuntu for a server,

I use Ubuntu Intrepid on my desktop to get the latest stuff, even with
some known bugs that has forced me to downgrade some packages to the
ones from Hardy.
That being said, I kinda agree with you on server part :)

> ever... Funny that Ubuntu guys are releasing quite about the same time
> the next version of Ubuntu just at the same moment Lenny is out (the
> next Ubuntu is said to be out this month as well...).

Nah. I believe it's simply because it's time for another scheduled
release (every April and October, I think).