[Xen-users] How to use a second ip ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How to use a second ip ?
From: Shams Fantar <sfantar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:13:48 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:14:33 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I've the dom0, a dedicated server with a public IP, and I have domU, a
virtual server, I have a second IP, I would like to use that second IP
on domU. Documentations don't explain how to proceed. They generally
explain with a local IP (like 192.168.1.*) but with a public IP, it is a
different. How to do ? The second IP has to be on dom0 and all packets
for that second IP have to be routed to the domU ? If yes, which
iptables rules could I use ?

Could you show me examples ? Can someone explain me in details the
configuration to do what I want ?

PS : I re-send a new post because my first wasn't very clear.

Thanks,

--
http://snurf.info - http://about-gnulinux.info
« Honesty is the best policy »