Re: [Xen-users] Guest comes up R/O?

Hi Fajar,

> What dom0 is it? Is it Centos as well?

Yes, Centos,  2.6.18-92.1.22.el5xen, SMP on an HP multi-processor.

> What do you use as domU's backend disk? Is it iscsi or remote storage?

The guest is a Centos 5.2 also, local storage only, nothing over the network
right now.

I've been putting the hardware together for this project and am using this
server to build a few servers onto xen, then will migrate them over to a
replacement server for production as each guest is tested and running as it
should be.

> Try fsck domUs storage and mount it on dom0, see if it comes up with
> something.

Ran it on local drive on reboot, no problems but guest still not showing up.

 # xm list
Name                                      ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                   0    10908     8 r-----    119.0
crm-logi-192-59                            2      768     2 -b----     15.4
dns2-192-33                                1      511     1 -b----     14.7

Yes, xm shows that it's running.

When I console into the guest, still locked up;

**SNIP**
md: bitmap version 4.39
TCP bic registered
Initializing IPsec netlink socket
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Using IPI No-Shortcut mode
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/51712
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0
Freeing unused kernel memory: 176k freed
Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 380k
USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v3.0
Registering block device major 202
 xvda: xvda1 xvda2
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
audit(1234110643.032:2): enforcing=1 old_enforcing=0 auid=4294967295
ses=4294967295
audit(1234110643.500:3): policy loaded auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295