Re: [Xen-users] gitco xen3.3 rpms for centos

great advice.

thanks jonathan.
- Brian

On Feb 5, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Jonathan Dye wrote:

Grant McWilliams wrote:

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:54 AM, <jonr@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jonr@xxxxxxxxxx >> wrote:

   Quoting Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx <mailto:timm@xxxxxxxx>>:

       On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Brian Krusic wrote:

           Hi all,

           Has any one run these rpms?

           If so, are they reliable for a production box?

           I'm pretty conservative and usually stick with the vendor
           distros,  etc... but I may be missing out on some
           enhancements as the current  shipped version with
           Centos/RHEL is Xen 3.0.3.

       Don't believe everything RedHat puts in an rpm version string.
       The RedHat RPM says Xen 3.0.3 but inside it is really a
       significantly-
       modified xen 3.1.2. at least in version 5 update 2.
       That said, I have never tried the 3.3 rpms from gitco.
       Would also be interested to know anyone who has.

EVERYONE's using them! I use them in production now and have had no problems that I could attribute to the rpms themselves. Note, that I only use the x86_64 rpms.

Grant McWilliams

we contacted the gitco guy for his SPEC files and built our own. imho, you should do the same as it's not a good meta-idea to download binary-only distributions from untrusted/less-trusted sources. i mean, i'm sure that there's nothing malicious in the gitco builds specifically, it's just a thought on practices.

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.

nice sig

- jonathan