[Xen-users] How to implement HA and Live Migration with a SAN?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How to implement HA and Live Migration with a SAN?
From: Massimiliano De Ruosi <max.deruosi@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 13:02:44 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 04:03:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
I've configured two xen hosts (dom0) sharing a LUN on a SAN.

My firs obiective is to run different domU on the two hosts, and implement live migration between them.

Subsequently, I'd like to implement HA, so if a xen host goes down, domUs will be restarted on the other one.

What's the better way to obtain this? I think I need a cluster file system to manage shared access on the LUN (ocfs2? ocfs2 on LVM?), and Hartbeat fo HA. Can someone share his experience, or point me to some documentation?

Thanks in advance,
Massimiliano.