Re: [Xen-users] Connection refused using XML-RPC protocol

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Connection refused using XML-RPC protocol
From: "Ricardo J. Barberis" <ricardo.barberis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:47:59 -0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 06:25:42 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
El Miércoles 28 Enero 2009, Heli escribió:
> I would like to administrate a Xen machine remotely.
> I use OpenSuse 11.0 both for server and for client (a laptop).
>
> I opened some TCP ports from 8000 to 8006 and I installed a ssh server
> on xen server.
> In Firewall settings I enabled ssh server to external.
> When I tried to connect from laptop, on which I use a OpenSuse 11 dom0
> too, wireshark (on xen server) detects some ssh traffic but I always
> receive "connection refused".

Is that "connection refused from ssh or xen? If xen, you may not have enabled
those services (they're disabled by default).

Check that in xend-config.sxp (inside /etc/sysconfig/xen on CentOS, not sure
about openSUSE) you have something like this:

(xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server yes)
(xend-http-server yes)
(xend-unix-server yes)

And below them, to allow external connections:

(xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server-address '')
(xend-address '')

Modify the file as needed, restart xend or reboot the machine, and try again.

> I installed a ssh-server on laptop too.
> I use Convirt.
>
> In these computers I have already added the ssh reciprocal keys.
>
> Thanks

Regards,
--
Ricardo J. Barberis