RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV enabled domU hangs and kills other domU's

To: "Ma-ris Ruskulis" <maris@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV enabled domU hangs and kills other domU's
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:15:31 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 03:16:24 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Hello!
> Currently I'm testing windows 2003 server domU with GPLPV
0.9.12-pre13.
> In HVM domU high IO load cpu/memory/disk all works fine, in paralell
im
> doing stressing in linux domU's. Problems occur when I start to stress
> networking for HVM domU, after that all domU's hang, linux domU's too,
> seems hypervisor hangs.
> I'm using 2.6.21-xen kernel and xen-3.3.0.

Well... that shouldn't happen.

Is there any way you could test with the 2.6.18 kernel from xen? That's
one major difference between your setup and mine.

There were definitely a few bugs in xen-3.3.0 that caused problems for
me with GPLPV. Nothing like a complete system hang though.

James