Re: [Xen-users] DomU in it's own LVM partition fails to boot CentOS 5.2

To: Peter Hoose <phoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DomU in it's own LVM partition fails to boot CentOS 5.2 Dom0/U
From: Mike Brady <mike.brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 08:12:30 +1300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:13:12 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You need a ramdisk configured.

For instance to kickstart a Centos DomU I have:
kernel = "/etc/xen/centos52_x86_install.vmlinuz"
ramdisk = "/etc/xen/centos52_x86_install.initrd.img"
extra = "ks=http://192.168.42.60/ks-xen-hit42.cfg";

Where the vmlinuz and initrd files are from the images/xen directory
from the Centos install media.

After the installation is complete comment out the kernel, ramdisk and
extra entries and add
bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"

to the config file.