Re: [Xen-users] Optimizing I/O

> Or, if you can, setup RAID 10 to help load the IO of different data
> onto different disks / controllers. Don't use IDE, and try and get the
> fastest disks for your budget. SATA II isn't that much more expensive
> than IDE. Or if you can afford it, and the mobo can handle it, get
> SCSI or SAS drives.

In the case of blades, you're kinda stuck with what you have and in this case,
the blades use either SCSI or 2.5 IDE drives. Depending on how many blades I
end up using, I might be able to go with fast SCSI drives but if not, then the
OS at least will have to be on IDE. Storage for the blades such as work and
shared will usally be network storage.

How about on tweaking linux though, are there any tweaks? Craig suggested
noatime which is a good point that's helped me with GFS in the past, so aside
from hardware, what about software tweaks that aren't dangerous but greatly
help?

Mike