[Xen-users] stubdom and VT-d passthrough? CPUID?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] stubdom and VT-d passthrough? CPUID?
From: Darren Foo <darrenfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:37:33 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:38:44 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my Xen 3.2.1 to 3.3.1 on Centos 5.2. Everything seems to
have gone pretty smoothly except I have a few issues. My system specs are:

4GB RAM
Q6600 quad core Intel CPU
P5E-VM DO Q35 Intel mobo (VT-d enabled)
Skystar2 DVB PCI card passed through to HVM DomU
HVM Windows XP SP3 DomU

1. When I restart my DomU, it shuts down and turns into Domain-Unnamed but
doesn't restart. I did notice it restarts when using a stubdom however. I
suspect it may have to do with the VT-d PCI passthrough device though.
2. I was able to configure my DomU HVM to use a stubdom, but my passthrough PCI
device wil not show in the DomU. Does Xen support VT-d passthrough when using a
stubdom?
3. With my 3.2.1 install, I couldn't use vcpu=2 for my HVM DomU, because RTSP
streaming would fail. Someone mentioned to use timer_mode=1 but from what I
read this  is the default now in the newer releases. RTSP streaming now works
with vcpu=2 however there is a slight stuttering with the audio that I cannot
seem to get rid of. I'm having trouble figuring out how to set the CPUID to a
dual core instead of a dual cpu, can someone send me an example of a dual-core
cpuid config for my hvm config? I'm hoping the CPUID may solve this stuttering
audio issue.
4. What are the latest GPLPV drivers to use with a non-stubdom DomU? Are the
GPLPV drivers still required with stubdom?

Thanks in advance.