Re: [Xen-users] Anyone using dual 3Ghz/4gb servers?

To: <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Anyone using dual 3Ghz/4gb servers?
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:38:13 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 06:39:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You could almost certainly put them to use - how useful they'll be will depend on what you need them for.  Like someone else mentioned, migration may or may not work between those systems and your 8-way ones.  Also, if those 2-way systems don't have VT capability you'll only be able to run paravirtualized guests - you won't be able to run HVM domUs (which rules out Windows and a few others).

-Nick

>>> "lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 2009/01/21 22:08 >>>
I ask because I have a fair number of these just sitting around and it would be nice to see them being used in my virtualization project. I'm not sure however if these are adequate for much.

The machines I currently use are 8-way/32GB so quite different from these so thought I would ask.

Thanks for any input you may be able to offer.

Mike

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.