Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV network performance

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM, James Harper
<james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> is there something I
>> forgot to tweak?
>>
>> Dom0: Intel Q9450 2.66 GHz, OpenSuse11.0 64bit, xen 3.2.1_16881
>> DomU: Windows 2003 SP2, GPLPV 0.9.12-pre13, file based.
>> Iperf: 547 Mbits/sec (domu -> dom0)
>>

> Also need to know:
> . have you disabled any of the offload features in the windows network
> driver? (if you don't know how to do that then your answer is no :)
> . how many vcpu's does Windows have?
> . Is your windows 2003 32 or 64 bit?

Last week I setup two Windows 2003 32bit (one of them is cloned from
the other), GPLPV, 2 CPUs each, with ACPI=1 on domU config. iperf got
around 500 Mbps.

Then out of curiosity, I changed one of them to have one CPU, ACPI=0,
and changed Windows HAL to Standard PC. iperf now gives me a whopping
1.4 Gbps.

Both tests where done without messing with any network offload
settings. Is it safe to assume that, for now, Standard PC HAL will
give better network performance compared to ACPI HAL when used with
GPLPV? Is it also the same case for the disk driver?

Regards,

Fajar