RE: [Xen-users] Backporting Xen 3.2 to Etch

To: "Mark Walkom" <markwalkom@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Backporting Xen 3.2 to Etch
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:56:52 +1100
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 02:57:59 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Has anyone done this and had it work?
>
> I haven't been able to start my Windows DomU so I figure this is a
step I
> could take to get things working.
> Currently on the stable release which is 3.0.3.

Unless they've updated things, the backports version is missing a patch
that lets 2008 work properly (crashes during install or soon after). If
you don't care about 2008, or vista (probably), then the backports
version otherwise works fine.

3.3.1 compiled from xensource without involving Debian packaging works
great for me.

James