[Xen-users] iscsi storage and multipathing

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] iscsi storage and multipathing
From: "Andrew Deagman" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:53:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:53:46 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
First, I am new to Xen.... So forgive me if I am overlooking something. Here is my situation, I have multiple dom0's that are part of an ocfs2 cluster. The dom0's mount multiple volumes (/home, /app, /images) from an ISCSI storage array.  Their eth2/eth3 network interfaces are attached to a private storage network. They are not part of Xen's network bridge and have multipathing enabled. I have 24 domU's that need to mount the same set of volumes as the dom0's. I tried to have dom0's eth2/3 become part of a network bridge that could be accessed by the domU's. This worked for the domU's but multipathing broke for dom0's . I would like to have multiple paths from the domU's since it will provide increased bandwidth and rendundancy to the storage network. My question is what is the best configuration to access the iscsi volumes from the domU's while maintining redundancy in dom0?

Thanks
Andrew