Re: [Xen-users] Network bridging problem for Centos 5 Dom-O and Debian E

To: M C <m_c_001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Network bridging problem for Centos 5 Dom-O and Debian Etch Dom-U
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:01:18 +0700
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 18:02:26 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M C wrote:
> In case of it's of any use to anyone else, I got the problem fixed by
> explicitly specifying the following in the .cfg script for this VM
> instance:
>
> vif         = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]

Glad to hear you solved it.
Looking at your brctl output,

# brctl show xen-br0
virbr0          8000.feffffffffff       yes             vif22.0
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              peth0
                                                        vif0.0
Seems that your domU is attached to virbr0, which is (if I'm not
mistaken) a host-only or NAT network. xenbr0 on the other hand is
attached to real eth0, which is what you want.

> I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it, but at least now
> Debian Etch seems to be happily running on Centos 5.2.

You might want to manually assign MAC address so it stays the same for
that domU.
Something like

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:XX:XX:XX, bridge=xenbr0' ]

MAC starting with 00:16:3E is reserverd for Xen

--
Fajar