RE: [Xen-users] Question about /gplpv

To: "udas" <bayntdev@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Question about /gplpv
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 00:17:27 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 05:18:07 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the switch /gplpv in boot.ini
>
> I see that some of the pv driver code is looking at this option; is
> there is any other piece of code that looks at this option before the
> drivers get loaded and perhaps change the bootpath or do something
> fancy?

Which version are you looking in? The very latest versions no longer use
/gplpv to activate the drivers, they only use /nogplpv to deactivate the
drivers. Booting in safe mode will also deactivate the drivers.

The parsing of the boot line is (I think) only done in xenpci.c now.

James